Data Protection Statement from the University of Oxford Text Archive
- To help the continued improvement of the OTA's service to the user community.
- To this end, information about visitors to the ota.ox.ac.uk domain is automatically logged for the purposes of statistical analysis. Such information includes the IP address from which you visit, referral address, and other technical information such as browser type and operating system that are logged on any website you visit. Your email address is not automatically logged unless you request a text.
- To assist you with any queries you may have.
- We will not generally send you unsolicited email, as we hate receiving it as much as you do. However, we will store the information you have given us when you request a text, to enable us to assist you as best we may if you have any problems. Furthermore, if there are new versions of the text, or a related OTA activity we think you might be interested in, we may email you about that.
- To keep depositors informed of the users of their material.
- Use of certain restricted texts (which must be specifically requested) may be at the discretion of the original depositor. For the purposes of assessing such access, and for the purposes of distribution, additional personal information is required. This information is used only for the purposes of assessing a specific application. Your information may be given to them where this does not contravene the Data Protection Act 1998.
Otherwise, we will not distribute, sell, trade or rent your personal information to third parties. The University of Oxford may provide aggregate statistics about the University of Oxford Text Archive's users, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third-parties such as its funding bodies, or potential depositors of material. Such statistical data will not include personally identifying information.